Monday 3 January 2011

It's been a while

Happy new year! I gave myself a nice little break over the christmas period to eat, drink and be very merry!


However back to work it is, after much confusion and thought I have decided for my negotiated project to brand a new airline and design their inflight magazine as I really wanted to create an editorial piece. While researching magazines on the internet I found these amazing covers by David Carson.








I particularly like The Black Swan cover as the illustration and type work really well and I find the type at the bottom of the Huck a bit hard to read and although it's David Carson's style I feel that it's been overdone a bit.
I also found these wine bottle designs used to celebrate the rescue of the 33 Chilean Miners. Design company Unreal have created a limited edition of 33 bottles of Chilean wine where the bottles have been distributed to clients and industry figures as an alternative to a Christmas card during the festive period.




I really like the typeface used here and how the two "i"s join to form the long drop of how far the miners were.


I start my placement at Neil Wilson Design on friday so wish me luck and lets hope this is the start to an amazing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment