For our last PPD session we looked at tips on how to make your portfolio amazing, we were asked to look at 2 websites and choose 5 tips that we thought would be the most helpful and relevant to our own portfolios. So here are my top 5 tips I found useful...
1. Be ruthless of your portfolio and choose around 10 of your best projects. When ordering your pages start with your second best project and end with the best!
2. Treat the layout of your folder like a book or magazine and work within a grid, now you can adjust your layout easily.
3. Consider buying a quality folder, try to stay away from the zip and clip portfolios, try and get a box or more of a book.
4. Tailor fit it! Theres no use approaching a packaging company with a portfolio full of books and prints, it helps to be relevant but still show variety.
5. Treat it like an ongoing design project that is never finished. Constantly update it and redesign it, take pride in it!
So now all I need to do is consider these points while I am developing my own portfolio.